Monday, April 28, 2008

A Bold Statement!



Some of my beads are pretty large, upwards of 4cm in length, and they need a larger "canvas" for themselves in terms of how they are made into jewelry. Lately I have been experimenting with non-precious metals, making hammered clasps, and some of them got to be pretty large themselves.

So, my mind being the inventive conjurer that it is, came up with this composition with a floral bead made with complex floral cane murinni which I developed last year. The clasp is copper tubing, hammered, presenting itself as the "new pink gold" in this world of atmospheric soaring costs! It is treated with Renaissance wax to prevent it from reverting to its true colors, like the carriage and the pumpkin.

The necklace is on black silk Embead material, with Chinese knots, and it sits just below the collarbones. It is also intentionally asymetrical, to challenge our sensibilities just a little.

1 comment:

Victoria Pittman said...

Beautiful work Penny
Let's try to get together when I get back to St. George ...Next week!

Thanks for visiting my blog too.